Position: Float Assistant Banking Center Manager
In Banking Center Manager’s absence and Assistant Manager’s absence, manage the overall activities of the banking center to achieve service quality, sales, marketing and financial growth goals. Will also function as Teller and Financial Services Representative when providing coverage for locations. Ensure that security and audit procedures are followed as outlined by bank policy. Position will float between three locations, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide service to present and potential customers seeking consumer and small business products and services, including opening new accounts, authorizing checks and handling customer issues.
- Perform a variety of paying and receiving functions for the deposit and loan clients. Perform operational and audit procedures for teller drawer and vault/ATM.
- Will include Financial Service Representative responsibilities, including promoting, cross-selling and servicing a full range of financial products and services.
- Process consumer loan applications and ensure that loans are closed, documents are properly processed, and collateral is secured.
- Represent the company in the community and develop and promote additional business.
- Contribute to the profitability of the banking center through active participation in client retention, monitoring and controlling non-interest expense items and ensuring increases in fee income.
- Assist office in the coordination of banking center activities, the facilitation of the sales process and client retention.
- Assist with sales management processes by participating in sales meetings, coaching and motivating sales performance and leading the sales process in management’s absence.
- Assist banking center with ensuring compliance, policies and procedures are met.
- Perform security and audit functions for the banking center.
- Maintain prescribed security controls to protect the facility against criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risk or exposure.
- Provide input to Banking Center Manager concerning staffing, training, coaching.
- Monitor financial center for clean, orderly appearance and take necessary action to ensure its appearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned to contribute to the overall operations and profitability of the banking center.
During Banking Center Manager’s absence and Banking Center Assistant Manager’s absence, manage staff accordingly.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Achievement/Results Oriented – the individual adheres to corporate Teller/FSR Standards as they relate to balancing and out of policy checks. Upholds security policies and procedures. Safeguards the bank’s cash in accordance with bank policy.
- Customer Service Oriented – the individual upholds the Gateway Bank Standards of Excellence in all interactions with internal and external clients. Establishes rapport at the beginning of each transaction by smiling, making eye contact and greeting the client. Ends each transaction by thanking the client for their business. Always uses the client’s name at least once. Communicates honestly and accurately with all clients, emphasizing what Gateway Bank can do for them.
- Organizational Commitment – the individual evaluates personal decisions, actions and behaviors in terms of how these actions reflect on Gateway Bank. Learns and applies new methods, processes and procedures in an effort to improve results. Sets primary goal as always doing the job right the first time and completing all transactions correctly and efficiently.
- Professionalism – the individual maintains drawers and workstation in neat and orderly fashion. Upholds the Gateway Bank Communication Standards for face-to-face, telephone and written communications. Always well groomed and dressed according to the bank’s dress code policy. Always treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity, demonstrating an understanding of the reflection of his/her behaviors have on himself/herself and Gateway Bank. Always demonstrates commitment to the Gateway Bank Code of Ethics by staying current on policies, procedures and standards of business conduct.
- Selling/Business Development – the individual recognizes clients’ needs and makes referrals to appropriate person. Participates in additional sales activities (such as teleconsulting) to help achieve team goals.
- Self-Development – the individual participates in on-the-job training to expand knowledge and build skills. Masters web-based training courses. Learns products, services and regulations that affect the retail bank.
- Team Player – the individual proactively looks for ways to contribute by volunteering to take on assignments and tasks. Personally identifies and works towards the banking center’s sales, service and operational goals. Participates in all banking center activities that relate to the ABM’s role in the business development and operational processes. Assumes additional duties when teammates are out of the office.
- Leadership – the individual takes personal responsibility for making final and oftentimes difficult operational and customer service decisions. Holds banking center accountable for meeting Quality Service expectations. Assigns tasks to individuals. Provides one-on-one coaching sessions and provides training as needed.
- Managing/Supervising – the individual ensures employees understand how their job contributes to the achievements of company goals. Clearly conveys individual goals and expectations to employees. Provides consistent feedback to employees regularly throughout the year. Supports, coaches and motivates employees to overcome obstacles and accept challenges. Completes and communicates performance/salary assessments in a timely manner. Plans for and supports training and development. Consistent in following/supporting company policy and procedures as they apply to employees.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies potential concerns and makes recommendation for solutions in a timely manner.
- Oral communications – the individual speaks clearly, persuasively and professionally in positive or negative situations.
- Judgment – the individual displays willingness to make recommendations that are sound, accurate and timely.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Experience, Competencies and Education
- Minimum five years experience providing service and sales to bank customers.
- Minimum two years experience in management role.
- Minimum three years retail management experience preferred.
- Competent in Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Previous experience in participating in bank audits, compliance, policy and procedures.
- Previous experience with bank core processing systems.
- Minimum high school degree required.
Americans with Disability Specifications:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.