To Send Resume:
GATEWAY BANK OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA
POSITION: COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE LENDING OFFICER
Develop and assist in the servicing of a portfolio of commercial real estate loan and deposit relationships generally focused on lending to individuals or entities that own investment properties whereby the primary repayment source is dependent on lease income from third parties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform outside business development activities and interview applicants to develop information concerning their borrowing needs in order to achieve loan and deposit growth goals.
- Assess repayment abilities by analyzing property level cash flow and guarantor support to determine whether a loan may be of an acceptable risk. Specific skills should include:
- Ability to properly structure loans to minimize risk to the Bank.
- Ability to analyze third party leases for risks including credit, renewal, and rate re-set risks.
- Conceptual understanding of the relationship between lease rates and property expense levels, gross vs. net leases, cap rates and their correlations to value, leverage levels, borrowing costs and loan structures, and all of these variables can affect a borrower’s return on equity and ultimately risk levels for the Bank.
- Individually prepare or assist the credit department in the development and analysis of financial background data for new or renewed loans.
- Make decisions on loans and terms if within own lending limits, or make recommendations to senior officers.
- Participate with senior officers on larger loans, and stay informed regarding the status of loans in the department.
- Follow existing loans to ensure complete conformity with terms and conditions.
- Stay cognizant of developing business, industry and sector trends such as:
- Lease, vacancy, and sales per square foot rates for different property types.
- Local building statistics, housing starts, and permitting activities.
- Unemployment rates and other local and national economic indicators
- Cross-sell banking services including business checking and treasury management products, merchant services and credit cards, and refer business or property owners to the branches for consumer deposit and loan products.
- When appropriate, refer clients to departments such as Private Banking and Wealth Management or to external vendors for products such as residential mortgages.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Persuasion – through ethical means, the individual should be able to identify potential opportunities and communicate and/or persuade prospects to Bank with Gateway.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Judgment – the individual displays willingness to make recommendations that are sound, accurate and timely.
- Analytical – the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Dedication – the individual should be committed to achieving results under demanding time frames.
- Integrity – the individual possesses high ethical standards and expects the same from all others in the organization.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies potential concerns and makes recommendation for solutions in a timely manner.
- Oral communications – the individual speaks clearly, persuasively and professionally in positive or negative situations.
- Written communications – the individual communicates clearly and effectively in written memos, letters, reports, etc.
- Safety, soundness and security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety, soundness and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Experience, Competencies and Education
- Minimum seven years commercial real estate lending experience.
- Previous formal credit training preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Americans with Disability Specifications:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.