Deposit Operations Specialist
Provide administrative and operational support as needed in the daily functions of Deposit Operations and in accordance with established systems and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritize assigned duties and projects to ensure that schedules and deadlines are met.
- Establish and maintain appropriate files and records as per procedure.
- Review and update of daily and monthly reports review and follow through to completion.
- Provide assistance to branch and other department associates regarding processing issues and/or operational functions.
- Perform necessary research for completion of projects or assignments.
- Assist with problem resolution, as needed.
- Receive, evaluate and respond to inquiries in a timely manner before end of business day.
- Follow company policies and practices regarding the release of information to clients. Ensure the identity of the client prior to the release of sensitive or confidential financial information.
- Stay updated on the Bank’s products and services through attendance at formal training sessions, Web based or computer based training, and self-study of material provided for reference.
- Provide back-up to other Deposit Operations Specialists, as assigned.
- Review and approve cash orders, domestic collections, foreign cash letter/collections, etc. on IBB, as assigned.
- Dual control of reports following the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations, as assigned.
- Review and approve incoming and outgoing wires including OFAC check, as assigned.
- Processing, reviewing and scanning new account paperwork, file maintenance, and other documentation into the core system.
- Perform other administrative duties, as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the Bank’s BSA/AML/OFAC/CIP policies.
- College level business courses and/or combination of banking experience and education preferred. Minimum high school diploma.
- Processing incoming and outgoing wires preferred.
- Strong computer and office equipment operations skills required (Excel and Word).
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions required.
- Retail Teller/Customer Service Banking experience preferred.
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.