Position: SVP - Senior Manager - Private Banking and Wealth
Responsible for the overall quality, growth and profitability of a Private │ Wealth portfolio of clients. Develop, manage and maintain long-term client relationships. Provide clients with a high level of individualized customer service. Provide full service banking and investment services that are consistent with the client’s financial goals and needs. Support and encourage cross selling of all bank products and services to ensure complete relationship banking to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide consumer and commercial lending services to Private │Wealth clientele, with emphasis on medical practices, law firms, CPA firms, business owners and high-net-worth individuals.
- Provide deposit account services to Private │Wealth clientele, with emphasis on medical practices, law firms, CPA firms, business owners and high-net-worth individuals.
- Devise and execute business development strategies to attract and acquire new clients.
- Create, implement, and continually review, a plan that includes strategies designed to help clients pursue their long-term goals.
- Act as the steward of the client’s assets and achieve client satisfaction and loyalty through excellent service.
- Recommend treasury management solutions for Private │Wealth clientele.
- Refer opportunities to Gateway Bank’s mortgage team.
- Refer opportunities to GatewayBank’s merchant services partner.
- Refer clients and prospects to Gateway Wealth Group.
- Participate in client investment portfolio reviews and make recommendations as needed.
- Perform duties in a manner which will strictly adhere to FINRA and SEC policies and procedures to ensure full compliance with securities regulations.
- Manage Private │Wealth portfolio including past dues, loan maturities, updating client financial information and recognizing sales opportunities in existing portfolio.
- Assist with preparation of credit offering reports.
- Fulfill responsibilities under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations. This includes identifying customers properly, initiating SARs and utilizing OFAC records accordingly.
Manage Private Bankers, Wealth Management and support staff.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Dedication – the individual should be committed to achieving results under demanding time frames.
- Analytical – the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communications – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Quality management – the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment – the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Integrity – the individual possesses high ethical standards and expects the same from all others in the organization.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent required
- Series 7, 63 or 66 and Florida Life, Health and Variable Annuity licenses preferred; an MBA, JD, CPA or CFP is valued.
- Experienced private banker performing commercial lending, with ten plus years’ industry experience.
- Previous Private Banking supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent credit analysis skills required.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- A well organized and self-directed individual who is “politically savvy” and a team player.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels and possesses excellent communication skills.
- An individual who can exhibit a high degree of self-confidence and empathy.
- An individual who has a competitive drive and is achievement oriented.
- A decisive individual who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex theory.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Accountabilities and Measures
- Produce and meet established business development goals, including loans, deposits, and investment revenue while achieving and maintaining regulatory soundness.
- Develop, organize and maintain client account records according to bank policy.
- Meet established loan documentation exception goals.
- Follow bank policy with no exceptions noted in bank audits or exams.