Commercial Banking Executive Assistant
1100 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34236
Provides administrative support to the Senior Loan Officer and the Commercial Banking department. Functions as private secretary and handles confidential matters for Senior Loan Officer. Provides administrative and technical support to commercial lenders to ensure delivery of a high level of service to customers. Provides additional administrative support to commercial banking department, as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide routine administrative support to the Senior Loan Officer and Commercial Banking department, to include screening of telephone calls, scheduling appointments, calendar updates, correspondence, report preparation, and answering of routine mail.
- Create and maintain various reports utilizing Excel, ViewPoint, and ACT. Assure that assigned projects and reports are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare and maintain loan and deposit pipeline reports used in weekly sales meetings.
- Coordinate the efficient operation of the department by maintaining confidential and general files, maintaining manuals, and performing other relevant duties.
- Perform follow-up on all administrative details.
- Prepare minutes to Directors’ Loan Committee meetings, adhering to the greatest level of confidentiality. Prepare Directors’ timecards for DLC.
- Coordinate special events, such as Business Development meetings and outings.
- Provide administrative loan assistance support to Commercial Bankers. This would include completing an up-front processing worksheet, creating appraisal, document, and new loan files, gathering information in anticipation of loan closings including conducting UCC searches, ordering title policies, pulling flood certifications, preparation of flood/hazard and wind insurance worksheets, requesting articles of incorporation or organization, operating agreements and/or bylaws, and insurance from borrowers, and pulling census tract information for CRA purposes.
- Position may also occasionally include assisting lenders with monitoring of weekly past dues and monitoring/clearing collateral exceptions monthly.
- Position includes coordinating new deposit account openings for Commercial Bankers with the appropriate Retail department personnel. This includes coordination of internet banking, courier service, and any 3rd party ACH file setups.
- Act as a liaison between existing commercial clients and the Bank.
- Monitor financial statement ticklers and assist lenders with collection of updated Borrower and/or Guarantor financials, as needed.
- Fulfill responsibilities under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations. This includes identifying customers properly, initiating SARs and utilizing OFAC records accordingly.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies essential to performing functions of this position.
- Dedication – the individual should be committed to achieving results under demanding time frames.
- Integrity – the individual possesses high ethical standards and expects the same from all others in the organization.
- Detail oriented – the individual has attention to detail and completeness of all document and work product.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies potential concerns and makes recommendation for solutions in a timely manner.
- Oral communications – the individual speaks clearly, persuasively and professionally in positive or negative situations.
- Quality management – the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment – the individual displays willingness to make recommendations that are sound, accurate and timely.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time effectively, and develops realistic action plans.
- Tactfulness – the individual is able to communicate in a professional and tactful manner in writing and in oral communication.
- Safety and security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Experience, Competencies and Education
- Minimum three years’ experience in an Administrative role within a commercial banking department.
- Competent in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and able to learn use of ACT (a customer relationship management software).
- Experience with handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Minimum high school degree required.
- Language and Written Skills
- Ability to read and understand documents and policies.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner using proper grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to speak in a clear and concise manner using proper grammar and punctuation.
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.