Lead Teller/Financial Services Representative
Teller responsibilities will be performed 90% of the time and Financial Services Representative responsibilities will be performed approximately 10% of the time.
Teller Position Summary: Perform a variety of paying and receiving functions for the deposit and loan clients. Perform operational and audit procedures for teller drawer and vault/ATM.
Financial Services Representative Position Summary: Will include cross-training for FSR, including promoting, cross-selling and servicing a full range of financial products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent Gateway Bank personably, efficiently, and tactfully while in contact with the public either face-to-face or by telephone. Smile, call the customers by name and thank them as they leave.
- Continually safeguard bank’s cash and the security of the working environment while processing deposits and withdrawals for checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, loan payments and other transactions (i.e. Travelers Checks, Official Checks, Money Orders, and issuance request for Savings Bonds) in accordance with bank policy.
- Balance the teller window daily and within bank guidelines, following bank policies, procedures, and standards of performance.
- Perform necessary operational and audit procedures associated with teller drawer and vault.
- Assist in the development of a new business for the bank. Is alert to expressed customers’ needs to suggest appropriate services. Make unsolicited suggestions to customers for new or existing services. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Promote cross-sell and service a full range of financial products and services with strong emphasis on meeting established goals. Responsible for new account sales, client retention, and existing client cross-selling and relationship expansion according to priorities established by GatewayBank.
- Assist with special projects that occur from time-to-time.
- Fulfill responsibilities under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations. This includes identifying customers properly, initiating CTRs and SARs investigations as needed, utilizing OFAC records and maintaining appropriate records.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Minimum Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Previous Teller experience required.
- Previous FSR experience preferred.
- Preferred Requirements:
- Basic computer skills.
- Has met sales goals in a retail or banking environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet and greet the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse customer base.